Chris%20SiNn
iTunes get music on

Monday, January 30, 2012

THE "BEEF"

The Beef with Davey

Me and you know who go way back.. I'm not going to take this time to speak badly about him, I Just want to talk about what I've lost and gained...and explain what I've learned from this little experience or "Beef" for lack of better words... There is just too much history, and it could honestly go on forever...there becomes a point where.... we you really just need to take a step back...look at the entire picture and say enough is enough...I've said everything I had to say. I'm assuming he has too... And now looking at it in hindsight, I'm realizing that alot of other people were hurt, more than I was....and a real man goes into a fight alone, and doesn't try to drag other people into his battle..both of us are guilty of that....There has always been some animosity on his side that I've been unable to explain, or comprehend...not really sure where it came from...and usually i could care less about someones opinion of me, but he made his opinion of me public on the Internet, and really crossed alot of lines...so like I said, I easily got caught up in it..but ..as a man, I admit I have a hard time swallowing my pride....happens only on rare occasions....

Having said that, it wasn't long before I threw the first couple shots in his direction...trying to get his attention....I dissed him on the track "Sky Rocket" first. After that, I threw a few subliminal disses at him on my new track with Tyrant called "Got That." So I take 100 percent of the blame for anyone that he spoke bad about on his record. Obviously my intentions were to get a response to me directly, and not everyone that has anything to do with my existence.. But now I see that the longer this goes on for, the more innocent people will get hurt. And obviously distract us both from what our real goal is, and that's making music that we love....a good friend of mine said all this reminded him of high school lol....which I do agree with him for the most part...but I believe you have to stick up for yourself. You can't let someone try slander your name or discredit you... and do nothing about it. At least I can't...You have to take a stand and hold your ground. In life, actions speak louder than words, unfortunately in Hip Hop music that rule doesn't apply lol. Words are an emcees weapon....
So in the end, nothing much has changed. I lost a couple old friends ...and maybe a few knuckle heads that have nothing to do with it but choose to take sides...but on the flip side, I've won my first legit rap "beef"... gained new fans...met some new mc's....entertained quite a few people and watched my play count go up and up lol! I've heard that even negative publicity is good publicity, and now I understand why! Hate me or love, I am who I am, and I'll never back down from any rapper out there. This tongue is cock'd back ready to fire at a moments notice....but in the meantime, It's back to what I do best, and that's make music that people can relate too...Thank you to all those that supported me through this little squabble, and to those that chose to stay neutral, I respect you all to the fullest. Those that chose to side with Davey, I respect you all to, your all entitled to your own opinion....and I can't hate on that....werd up...PEACE!
Can't nobody take my PRIDE....can't NOBODY hold me down...OH NO...I'VE GOT TO KEEEP ON MOOOOOVING!!! - words I live by...

No comments:

Post a Comment